Monday, January 13, 2014

2014 Reading and Other Goals

I've always really liked setting goals as a way for me to get things done because without goals I sit around doing internet and nothing else. I think they're a great way to motivate yourself. So me being my goal-oriented self I've set a number of goals reading, blogging, and vlogging wise for the upcoming year. (I realize this post is a little late, I just haven't had time to sit down and write it until now which is 2am on a school night.)

Starting with the reading goals,

my main goal this year is to read 100 books. Which is a lot of books. I don't know if I've ever read that many books in a year but I definitely think it's possible. It's a little less than 2 books a week and I can definitely do that if I spend less time doing nothing on Tumblr for hours on end. I think I might add a fancy little widget on the sidebar to keep you up to date on that if I can figure that out.

The other reading goals are all subsets of that goal. I'd like to read:

  • 5 nonfiction books
  • 5 classics
  • 5 comic books or graphic novels
  • 5 audiobooks
I would also like to buy less than 50 books this year because I have a serious book buying problem and and even seriouser TBR pile that needs to be tackled hard.

I also have vlogging and blogging goals for the year, though these are a little less defined. In 2014, I'd love to post a lot more reviews on both my blog and YouTube channel. Originally my goal was to review every book I read on my blog which is definitely possible and theoretically I'd love to do that. However I won't be upset if I don't. Probably more the majority of books I read.

As far as vlogging and YouTube stuff goes, I'd just like to have more quality and more quantity on my channel. Far too often I find myself filming videos and then not liking them and then never doing anything with them until I delete them. The only way to get better is to practice and learn and if I just delete the videos it's never going to happen. Also maybe getting a better camera and also maybe computer would help a lot.

So that's pretty much it for my upcoming year. Let me know what you're planning on doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment