Sunday, November 3, 2013

I Have a Very Serious Book Buying Problem, Seriously | NaBloPoMo Day 3

Alright, so for those of you who know me personally, you definitely know I have a problem with buying books. And if you've been paying attention to my videos, you'll also know I have a problem with buying books. Today's topic, if you haven't noticed, is about how I have a problem with buying books.

Every month, I buy at least 10 books if not more. I can't even technically afford buying that many books. I'm not actually sure how I do it. (Some of it has to do with my wonderful family that helps support my problem.) I also do not read at least 10 books a month. A good month would be 8 books. So obviously, my TBR pile is growing quickly and has gotten to an extreme point that I am not proud of.

Why do I do this? Maybe it's an addiction. Maybe it's just my excitement for reading. There are so many books I want to read and I want them all. I really enjoy having a physical copy of a book. I tell myself that it's going to be for when I am living on my own and poor so I have something to do. Or that it's for when I'm old and retired and need something to do. It also motivates me a little to read more, when I look at my bookshelf and see all the books I haven't read. It really comes down to a lack of self control. I tell myself that when I have a stack of 11 books and put one back and buy 10 instead I'm exhibiting great self control. (I know I'm not really.)

I am going to have a massive library when I am old. With the sliding ladder and everything. I could probably live in a studio apartment with my entire room being taken up by books and a bed. I might do that though. Because I have 2 full size bookshelves and a half size one, all are full and I'm going to need a third one pretty soon. So moving out is going to be me, my bed, and my books.

I have been going on a minimalist streak lately, though. And getting rid of a lot of my stuff. I don't think I'll be getting rid of many books, but at least I'll have less stuff in general.

When it comes down to it, I should probably stop buying so many books. So let me know how you keep yourself from buying so many books. Or if it's not even a problem for you. (Though I don't know how it's not even a temptation to buy all the books.)

No comments:

Post a Comment